Flappy Bird has run its course with the gaming world, but it’s apparently still going strong in Indonesia. Video game retail store Kaos Gamer in Jakarta posted a photo of a banner just yesterday, which states that Flappy Bird players can claim cash in exchange for achieving high scores. The higher your score, the more cash you earn.
The photo, which had the accompanying caption ‘who wants to come?’, lists the following reward tiers:
- 30 – 50 points (Rp. 5,000 or 40 cents)
- 51 – 100 points (Rp. 250,000 or $21)
- 101 – 125 points (Rp. 1,000,000 or $85)
- 126 – 200 points (Rp. 2,500,000 or $213)
- More than 200 points (Rp. 10,000,000 or almost $1,000!)
The contest runs from February 14 to February 28, 2014 on the third level of Duta Mall in Banjarmasin City. Players will also need to pay Rp. 20,000 (about $1.60) to try for their best score, and they only get three tries.
Any Indonesian fans want to give this a go?
UPDATE 18-2-2014: There are more conditions to this contest, and we have updated the article accordingly. We’ve also confirmed Duta Mall is in Banjarmasin City.