Despite working together in a largely online environment, our team at Tech in Asia (YC W15) has a pretty rich culture. It’s not always easy to explain how it came about, but somehow, a culture has developed amongst ourselves. It is the people that both shape and solidify our culture, which in turn serves as the common bond that keeps us together. While we don’t always enjoy the luxury of face-to-face conversations, memes and emoticons have been a great replacement.
Our team members only meet twice or thrice a year for our major conferences in Singapore, Tokyo, and Jakarta, but we never feel awkward interacting with one another. We believe that we have something unique, so we’ve captured the essence of Tech in Asia’s culture in the deck embedded below. Just so people – be it our readers or future members of the Tech in Asia family – understand who we really are. Our culture code:
- We are obsessed with our customers, not competitors
- We believe in work+life, not work versus life
- We communicate transparently within team members
- We are focused on data and KPIs
- We get things done with a strong sense of urgency (#SOU)
Tech in Asia (YC W15) is the go-to media platform for Asia’s tech community, with annual conferences hosted in Singapore, Tokyo, and Jakarta.
To serve and build Asia’s startup ecosystem.
Integrity: Integrity is at the heart of our business. It should be reflected by our actions, articles published, and conferences organized. Our full ethics statement can be found here.
Customer first: Readers and clients are our number one priority. Followed by our team members and shareholders. But that doesn’t mean that we will compromise our ethics to serve them.
Passion: Positive attitude towards work and never giving up, doing what you believe is right.
Teamwork: Teamwork enables ordinary people to achieve extraordinary things.
Efficiency: Work fast, avoid time-wasting, and have a strong sense of urgency.
Quality: Obsessed with quality — Quality in choice of news, writing, and events hosted.
Who are we looking for to join our team?
We are looking for team players who are:
- Willing to fight for the greater cause and not for self glory
- Genuinely nice people with a kind heart
- Not looking for a short-term return
- Not looking for a 9-to-5 job but is seeking for a roller-coaster ride with a team of crazy people
- Believes in our mission, values, and culture
- Works hard and plays hard
If you fit the bill, join us.