Use your < > keys to browse more stories

Rakuten Belanja Online Reveals Newest Stats, 500% Growth in Merchants

The Jakarta Post reports that Rakuten Belanja Online (RBO, meaning “Rakuten Online Shopping”) has 400 merchants with 300,000 products offered online, representing 500 percent growth in the past 18 months since Rakuten’s launch in Indonesia in June 2011.

80 percent of RBO’s merchants are small- and medium-sized enterprises, with the remaining 20 percent major companies such as Sony and Nissin. Rakuten Belanja has hit double-digit growth every month and triple-digit growth every year so far.



Facebook Conversation

comments

Did you enjoy this article? Consider becoming a TiA Premium subscriber. At $9.99/month, TiA Premium brings you exclusive access to our weekly newsletter, a one-page roundup of each week’s must-read Asia tech news from all over the web. TiA Premium also brings you exclusive deals and discounts that make your subscription pay for itself. Click here to find out more.