2013 was a year of social e-commerce in Thailand, with growth in online sales on Facebook, Instagram, and via smartphones.
In Thailand, the messaging app Line has shown the way in mobile commerce. It has run a series of Line Flash Sale events online, including the sale of Maybelline lipstick, Line’s own branded merchandises, and even a food chain store’s discount coupons. They’re interesting examples of social-driven m-commerce.
Since Line is a mobile chat app and not an e-commerce platform, it needs partners in order to run sales campaigns. aCommerce is Line’s partner for all the logistics of its Line flash sales in Thailand , and aCommerce has put some of its data into the infographic below.
Here are some highlights from the stats:
- Of the 22 million Line users in Thailand, 5.5 million users opted in to participate in the flash sales.
- At its peak time, there were over 20,000 participating in a sale at the same time.
- Orders were coming in every 20 seconds on average.
- Close to 70 percent of buyers are female
- Although most mobile views of the sales event came from Samsung users (46 percent), the majority of purchases – 70 percent – came from Apple devices.
Here’s the full infographic:
For more fun graphics like this one, check out previous entries in our infographic series.
(Editing by Steven Millward)
Powered by Facebook Comments