Organized by Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), iSTART@Silicon Valley (SV) Programme is an initiative targeted at providing guidance and assistance to Singapore-based start-ups wishing to venture into the US market, specifically Silicon Valley. Start-ups will gain access to valuable resources such as consultations, incubators, and accelerators that have established a firm presence in US’s entrepreneurial scene. A customised schedule tailored for start-ups comes equipped with educational tools such as workshops and events to guide start-ups in understanding market dynamics, and devise business strategies catered to the US market. Start-ups can also expect to have networking opportunities with potential US-based customers, investors and partners.
iSTART@SV is slated to happen over two separate trips: the first trip is planned for January 2013, and the second trip is to be held two months after.
Companies will be selected based on the following requirements:
- Incorporated and physically present in Singapore
- Company’s group annual sales turnover should not exceed $100 million or a workforce exceeding 200 employees
- Preferred product verticals: Mobile, e-commerce, Web & Social Media, Cloud, Analytics
- Companies should have a working Product, and have the necessary resources (finance & manpower) for international expansion
- Screening will also be conducted by the consultant/accelerator/incubator
- IDA will cover the fees charged by the consultant/accelerator/incubator for organising this programme
- Companies should be able to cover their own return airfare, accommodation, cost of living, and additional entry fees for events, etc