Most of the mobile internet users in Southeast Asia are those who recently started their career, are educated, and have high spending power. Those are among the findings of a new survey by mobile advertising network Vserv.mobi. Conducted with the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the study surveyed people in six Southeast Asian countries – Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Here are some of the key findings:
- More than 50 percent of mobile internet users are those age under 24 years old.
- Over 60 percent of mobile internet users in Southeast Asia are men.
- One-third of the mobile internet users are Bachelor degree graduates or higher.
- More than 70 percent of mobile internet users have a job (full-time or part-time).
- They share common hobbies such as shopping, eating at restaurants, and going to the cinema.
- In terms of mobile content downloaded, 67 percent downloaded games/apps, 46 percent downloaded video apps, while 38 percent downloaded music apps.
- 55 percent of users prefer mobile ads for apps that help them download mobile content, followed by ads for a good deal on something (42 percent), learning about a brand (36 percent), and locating something nearby (27 percent)
(Editing by Steven Millward)