Lets put the spotlight on Facebook for a while.
We have gathered 34 interesting Facebook statistics and facts to help us learn more about this social networking giant (it’s updated).
Most of these statistics are taken from Facebook and independent studies that we have written on.
Catch the list below!
1. It has 400 million users: Yes! Facebook has that many users. On average, 50% of its active users log on to Facebook everyday. The fastest growing demographic is the 35 years and older age group.
2. Fans: Everyday, more than 10 million users become fans of Pages. Join us here
3. Average number of friends: An average user has 130 friends on Facebook.
4. Time wasted spent: Alright.. more than 6 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day (worldwide). That is twice as much as the time spent on Google.
5. Status Updates: There are more than 60 million status updates daily. (I bet Twitter has more!)
6. Photos: More than 3 billion photos are uploaded to the site each month
7. Videos: 14 million videos are uploaded each month
8. Content: More than 5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared each week
9. Events: More than 3.5 million events are created each month
10. Groups: More than 45 million active user groups exist on the site currently
11. Multinational: More than 70 translations are available on the site and about 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
12. Applications engagement: Every month, more than 70% of Facebook users engage in Platform applications
13. Active Applications: More than 350,000 active applications are on Facebook’s Platform
14. Applications with more than 1 million users: More than 250 applications have more than one million monthly active users
15. Facebook connect: More than 15,000 websites, devices and applications have integrated Facebook Connect since its general availability in December 2008
16. Facebook mobile addicts: There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices. People who use Facebook on their mobile devices are almost 50% more active than non-mobile users!
17. Facebook Pages: More than 1.5 million active Pages on Facebook and have created more than 5.3 billion fans!
b. On average, a Facebook user:
18. has 130 friends on the site
19. sends 8 friend requests per month
20. spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
21. clicks the Like button on 9 pieces of content each month
22. writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month
23. becomes a fan of 2 Pages each month
24. is invited to 3 events per month
25. is a member of 12 groups
26. Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire: That’s according to the latest Forbes list.
27. Mark’s settlement: In June 2008, Mark Zuckerberg paid a 65 million dollar settlement to close a long-running legal battle, concerning whether Mark stole the Facebook idea from his former room mate.
28. Offices: Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. U.S. offices: Atlanta; Chicago; Dallas; Detroit; New York; Venice Beach, Calif. International offices: Dublin, Ireland; London; Paris; Sydney; Toronto.
29. Facebook Disease: Psychologists have introduced the diagnosis FAD (Facebook Addiction Disorder), as a new kind of addiction disorder. Perhaps SMAA can help.
30. Facebookers are Tech lovers: Yeap, most Facebook users are attracted to tech related updates and links.
31. Facebook helps to nap criminals: Here is a burglar example.
32. Facebook Twitter background: It has a Twitter bird on it.
33. Facebook can cause jealousy: Research says.
34. Facebook has more men than women: This is according to Brian Solis’ data, an original thought leader of social media.